- 1 How do you pray for someone who mistreats you?
- 2 What Scripture says pray for those who persecute you?
- 3 What does pray for those who persecute you mean?
- 4 Where is pray for your enemies in the Bible?
- 5 How do you pray for a difficult person?
- 6 How do you forgive when someone keeps hurting you?
- 7 How do you show your love to your enemies?
- 8 What is the meaning of Matthew 5 38 48?
- 9 What does Matthew say about love?
- 10 What is a good prayer for healing?
- 11 What God says about enemies?
- 12 Is it OK to pray against your enemies?
- 13 What are the most powerful Bible verses?
- 14 What does God say about revenge?
- 15 How do you pray for someone leaving you alone?
How do you pray for someone who mistreats you?
I pray they turn to you for direction and forgiveness and see how much they have hurt me. Please give me eyes to see them from your perspective, and a heart to want to forgive. I ask for patience while you work your will and to show me how to be the loving Christian you have called me to be.”
What Scripture says pray for those who persecute you?
The World English Bible translates the passage as: But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, The Novum Testamentum Graece text is: ἐγὼ δὲ λέγω ὑμῖν, ἀγαπᾶτε τοὺς ἐχθροὺς ὑμῶν
What does pray for those who persecute you mean?
It is far harder to “love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you”, which is the standard Jesus now wants his followers to aim for. In these verses, Jesus is describing agape – this is a practical love requiring effort.
Where is pray for your enemies in the Bible?
Matt. 5 Verses 43 to 47  But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;  For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye?
How do you pray for a difficult person?
O God, Creator of difficult people, bless me with the strength, fortitude, wisdom and equanimity of spirit to deal with the difficult people You have placed in my life.
How do you forgive when someone keeps hurting you?
10 Steps To Forgive Someone Who Keeps Hurting
- Move Away From The Past. Focusing too much on the past can hurt a lot.
- Reconnect With Yourself.
- Avoid Going To Sleep Angry.
- Stop Blaming Others.
- Avoid Trying To Control People.
- Learn The Art of Letting Go.
- Aim To Be Kind Instead of Being Right.
- Embrace The Dark Times.
How do you show your love to your enemies?
I hope they can be of some use to you:
- Stop, breathe, detach yourself.
- Put yourself in their shoes.
- Seek to understand.
- Seek to accept.
- Forgive, and let the past go.
- Find something to love.
- See them as yourself, or a loved one.
- Find common ground.
What is the meaning of Matthew 5 38 48?
Matthew 5:38-48 contains a litany of seemingly impossible attitudes and behaviors. After all, the justice we tend to seek is retributive. The Hebrew Scriptures sought to place a cap on the scope of such retribution by making punishments proportional to the crime: an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.
What does Matthew say about love?
Jesus said in Matthew 5: 43-44 this: “You have heard that it was said, Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you, love your enemies too. Pray for those who treat you badly. ” That seems a very strange thing to say, doesn’t it? Love your enemies – those who are mean to you?
What is a good prayer for healing?
Loving God, I pray that you will comfort me in my suffering, lend skill to the hands of my healers, and bless the means used for my cure. Give me such confidence in the power of your grace, that even when I am afraid, I may put my whole trust in you; through our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.
What God says about enemies?
Luke 6:35. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.
Is it OK to pray against your enemies?
Can I pray against my enemies? The Bible does allow prayers against our enemies but only at very specific times. This type of prayer should not be common and should always be prayed with godly intentions and a godly heart. You cannot pray against your enemies out of hatred.
What are the most powerful Bible verses?
My Top 10 Powerful Bible verses
- 1 Corinthians 15:19. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
- Hebrews 13:6. So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
- Matthew 6:26.
- Proverbs 3:5-6.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58.
- John 16:33.
- Matthew 6:31-33.
- Philippians 4:6.
What does God say about revenge?
Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “ It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. On the contrary: ‘If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. ‘”
How do you pray for someone leaving you alone?
Prayer to expose enemies Dear Lord, my enemies are plotting for my destruction. I feel it in my soul that their reach is growing stronger. Almighty God, I ask that you bring their evil ways to light and that I always see them coming. Reveal their sinister motives and destroy them in Jesus’ mighty name.