- 1 What is a good Bible verse for someone who has lost a loved one?
- 2 What Scripture talks about comfort in time of loss?
- 3 What is a scripture for comfort?
- 4 What the Bible says about losing a spouse?
- 5 What is the best condolence message?
- 6 What can I say instead of sorry for your loss?
- 7 What does Psalm 31 say?
- 8 How do you comfort someone who has lost a loved one?
- 9 What are some words of comfort?
- 10 What does Psalm 20 say?
- 11 What is a good scripture for peace and comfort?
- 12 How do I get comfort in God?
- 13 How long is the mourning period for a spouse?
- 14 What does the Bible say about losing your joy?
- 15 What to say to someone who is grieving?
What is a good Bible verse for someone who has lost a loved one?
Psalm 34:18 “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” Psalm 73:26 “My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever.” Matthew 5:4 “Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.”
What Scripture talks about comfort in time of loss?
Psalm 23:4 Knowing that God is close by us no matter how dark and difficult the going gets and that He is there to comfort and protect us can help to ease feelings of abandonment during the depression stage of grief.
What is a scripture for comfort?
2 Corinthians 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
What the Bible says about losing a spouse?
Psalm 40:1-2 Do you feel alone since losing your spouse? This verse in Psalm tells us that we are never alone. God knows every tear you shed, when you sit down, and when you rise up from your seat.
What is the best condolence message?
May fond memories of your ________ bring you comfort during this hard time in your life. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I/We am/are truly sorry to hear of the loss of (Name). Please accept our condolences and may our prayers help comfort you and hasten the journey of his/her soul to Heaven.
What can I say instead of sorry for your loss?
What Can I Say Instead of Sorry for Your Loss?
- You are in my thoughts and I am here for you.
- Sending you my deepest condolences for the loss of your loved one.
- I am so terribly sorry you’re having to go through this.
- You have the support and love from all those close to you at this time.
What does Psalm 31 say?
A psalm of David. In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
How do you comfort someone who has lost a loved one?
You can acknowledge the situation and express your concern by saying the following:
- “I’m so sorry for your loss.”
- “I’m here for you.”
- “My favorite memory of your loved one is”
- “I don’t know how you feel, but I am here to help in any way I can.”
- “God has a plan.” or “They’re in a better place now.”
What are some words of comfort?
The Right Words of Comfort for Someone Grieving
- I’m sorry.
- I care about you.
- He/she will be dearly missed.
- He/she is in my thoughts and prayers.
- You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
- You are important to me.
- My condolences.
- I hope you find some peace today.
What does Psalm 20 say?
A psalm of David. May the LORD answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion. May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.
What is a good scripture for peace and comfort?
Psalm 9:9-10. The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 62:1-2 Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.
How do I get comfort in God?
How does the Holy Spirit comfort us?
- Interceding – praying for us when we don’t know what to say (Romans 8:26)
- Bringing God’s Presence – filling us with God’s presence and peace (Philippians 4:6-7)
- Counseling – reminding us of God’s promises and God’s word (John 14:26)
- Giving Us Understanding – giving us spiritual eyes.
How long is the mourning period for a spouse?
Loved ones and relatives are to observe a three-day mourning period. Widows observe an extended mourning period (Iddah), four months and ten days long, in accordance with the Qur’an 2:234. During this time, she is not to remarry, move from her home, or wear decorative clothing or jewelry.
What does the Bible say about losing your joy?
They went on to say, “that when we lose our joy, we lose our strength.” They are basically quoting Nehemiah 8:10 which says, “And do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” This small, seemingly insignificant conversation was like a defibrillator to my spirit and it shocked me out of my self-pity and
What to say to someone who is grieving?
The Best Things to Say to Someone in Grief
- I am so sorry for your loss.
- I wish I had the right words, just know I care.
- I don’t know how you feel, but I am here to help in any way I can.
- You and your loved one will be in my thoughts and prayers.
- My favorite memory of your loved one is…
- I am always just a phone call away.