- 1 What to say to someone who has hurt you deeply?
- 2 How do you express hurt feelings in words?
- 3 How do you accept someone who hurt you?
- 4 How do you tell someone they hurt you emotionally?
- 5 How do you ignore someone who hurts us?
- 6 How can I express my feelings better?
- 7 How do you describe hurt feelings?
- 8 How do you express love in words?
- 9 How do you forgive someone who has hurt you emotionally?
- 10 How do I forgive someone who keeps hurting me?
- 11 How do you let someone go emotionally?
- 12 How do you love someone who is hurting you?
- 13 Should you let someone know they hurt you?
- 14 What to say to someone who is playing with your feelings?
What to say to someone who has hurt you deeply?
First, objectively summarize the situation that hurt you. Then, identify the feeling it triggered in you. Finally, explain your thoughts about the feeling. So for example, you might try, “Yesterday, you gave me a lot of unsolicited advice about a problem I’m having at work.
How do you express hurt feelings in words?
Avoid blaming the person for how you feel. Instead, express what you’re feeling by using “I” instead of “you.” Explain the issue in an objective way. This will be less likely to put the person on the defensive. For example, you might say, “I felt hurt that I didn’t get a call to tell me you couldn’t make it yesterday.”
How do you accept someone who hurt you?
5 Ways to Let Go of Past Hurts
- Make the decision to let it go. Things don’t disappear on their own.
- Express your pain — and your responsibility.
- Stop being the victim and blaming others.
- Focus on the present — the here and now — and joy.
- Forgive them — and yourself.
How do you tell someone they hurt you emotionally?
5 Steps for Telling Someone They Hurt or Disrespected You
- Start with why what you want to say is important.
- Briefly describe what happened that felt hurtful or disrespectful.
- Say how their behavior made you feel—the impact.
- Ask for what you need going forward.
- End by reinforcing why you are making this request.
How do you ignore someone who hurts us?
Keep silent if you can’t think of anything constructive to say.
- Resist the urge to yell, cry, or insult the other person.
- If do you want to respond, but you need time to calm down and choose your words first, try saying, “Excuse me, I need a moment.” Step out of the room so you can calm down.
How can I express my feelings better?
Fortunately, there are many ways to facilitate healthy emotional expression; here are 18 tips:
- Use positive self-talk.
- Be a good listener.
- Know your triggers.
- Try spirituality.
- Teach emotion words to young children.
- Practice empathy.
- Cut the distractions.
- Model emotional expression.
How do you describe hurt feelings?
When You’re Hurt You might feel abused, belittled, berated, betrayed, bitter, broken, cheated, condemned, deceived, degraded, humiliated, inadequate, inferior, insignificant, insulted, mistreated, persecuted, rejected, robbed, scorned, small, squashed, stifled, tormented, tortured, or wounded.
How do you express love in words?
Expressing Deep Love in Words
- I cherish you.
- I want a lifetime with you.
- I adore you.
- I am better because of you.
- I need you by my side.
- I cannot stop thinking about you.
- My love for you is unconditional and eternal.
- All of the good in my life is because of you.
How do you forgive someone who has hurt you emotionally?
How to Forgive Someone Who Hurt You Emotionally
- Accept oneself.
- Accept the other.
- Let go of having to be right.
- Let go of needing to punish the other.
- Let go of needing to be angry to maintain power or control over the other.
- Accept that the world is not fair.
- Focus on the advantages of forgiveness over anger.
How do I forgive someone who keeps hurting me?
10 Steps To Forgive Someone Who Keeps Hurting
- Move Away From The Past. Focusing too much on the past can hurt a lot.
- Reconnect With Yourself.
- Avoid Going To Sleep Angry.
- Stop Blaming Others.
- Avoid Trying To Control People.
- Learn The Art of Letting Go.
- Aim To Be Kind Instead of Being Right.
- Embrace The Dark Times.
How do you let someone go emotionally?
Tips for letting go
- Create a positive mantra to counter the painful thoughts.
- Create physical distance.
- Do your own work.
- Practice mindfulness.
- Be gentle with yourself.
- Allow the negative emotions to flow.
- Accept that the other person may not apologize.
- Engage in self-care.
How do you love someone who is hurting you?
Below are some steps for how to forgive and trust again once you’ve been hurt.
- Forgive yourself. An important part of the forgiveness process is forgiving yourself.
- Forgive the other person.
- Trust yourself.
- Trust the other person.
Should you let someone know they hurt you?
You may not realize it, but in every waking moment, you’re sending signals to people about how they can treat you. If someone treats you poorly and you just let it go, you’ve taught them that it’s okay to treat you this way. But make no mistake: it is okay to feel hurt and it is okay to tell someone they hurt you.
What to say to someone who is playing with your feelings?
You can say something like “ I enjoyed our time together, but I have to go.” Or if you feel hurt by him, you can say, “I feel hurt by the way things turned out in our relationship, and I need to move on.”