- 1 What do you say when your best friend is hurting?
- 2 What if your best friend hurts you?
- 3 How do you comfort someone who is hurting?
- 4 How do you tell a friend they have hurt you?
- 5 How can I win my best friend back?
- 6 How do you comfort a friend with words?
- 7 What to do if a close friend is ignoring you?
- 8 Should I forgive my friend for hurting me?
- 9 How do you forgive a friend who has hurt you?
- 10 How do you make someone feel better?
- 11 How do I comfort my friend over the phone?
- 12 What can I say to my best friend to make her smile?
- 13 How do you know if your friend is toxic?
- 14 How do you know if someone doesn’t want to be your friend?
What do you say when your best friend is hurting?
Here are FIVE THINGS we COULD say to someone who is some serious pain.
- This really stinks. Or, this really is awful/heartbreaking/painful.
- My heart breaks WITH yours. Empathy from others is felt when it’s real.
- You are NOT ALONE. Then, don’t leave them alone…just show up, be present…
- You are doing GREAT.
What if your best friend hurts you?
Let your friend respond. Give your friend a chance to explain himself, and be open to what he has to say. Your friend may have spoken from a place of pain, and probably didn’t mean what he said. Let your friend process what you’ve said, give his own response, and trust that he will change his behavior going forward.
How do you comfort someone who is hurting?
How Do We Comfort Someone?
- 1. “ Witness their feelings”
- Affirm that their feelings make sense.
- Draw out their feelings inorder to better understand what they feel.
- Don’t minimize their pain or focus only on cheering them up.
- Offer physical affection if appropriate.
- Affirm your support and commitment.
How do you tell a friend they have hurt you?
The Most Productive Way To Tell Someone They’ve Hurt You
- Organize Your Thoughts First.
- Give Them a Heads Up Before You Talk.
- Consider Your Environment.
- Try A Three-Part Statement Approach.
- Avoid Re-Hashing a Fight.
- Don’t Be Afraid To Take A Break.
How can I win my best friend back?
Friendship is worth it!
- Take ownership for your part.
- Remember to give the benefit of the doubt.
- Don’t hold grudges.
- Take negative feedback and use it to grow.
- Re-evaluate the situation and ask yourself if you misunderstood the relationship.
How do you comfort a friend with words?
To comfort an unhappy friend, it might be better to tell him or her that you would be sad, too, if you were going through what they are. “ Tell them ‘I’m here for you’, and reassure them that ‘it’s okay to cry’,” Borschel says.
What to do if a close friend is ignoring you?
9 Simple Ways To Deal With A Friend Who’s Ignoring You
- Spam them.
- Hold on.
- Be polite.
- Request a friend to intervene.
- Stop thinking about it.
- Make them jealous.
Should I forgive my friend for hurting me?
You can forgive your friend for his or her hurtful words and deeds and gain the mental health benefit from such forgiveness. Indeed, you must do so in order for you to be able to move on and take this negativity from your thoughts.
How do you forgive a friend who has hurt you?
Here are eight ways to work on that.
- Get mad, feel hurt and grieve.
- Ask yourself whether your anger is constructive or destructive.
- Don’t worry—you aren’t saying the offense was OK.
- Practice stress-reduction techniques.
- Remind yourself why you want this person in your life.
- Set boundaries.
How do you make someone feel better?
25 Simple And Creative Ways To Cheer Someone Up
- Listen Up. When life gets overwhelming it helps to have someone willing to listen.
- Give Hugs. It sounds so simple, it’s stupid.
- Give Them a Handwritten Note or Card.
- Have a Chuckle.
- Make Them Dinner.
- Share a Walk.
- Have a Movie Night.
- A Spa Experience.
How do I comfort my friend over the phone?
Steps for Comforting Someone Who’s Upset Over the Phone
- Affirm their feelings.
- Encourage them to open up.
- Give them an invitation to talk.
- Send them a text.
- Listen without interruption.
- Remain calm.
- Allow them to express emotion.
- Don’t be the first to hang up.
What can I say to my best friend to make her smile?
What to Say to Someone
- You are more fun than anyone or anything I know, including bubble wrap.
- You are the most perfect you there is.
- You are enough.
- You are one of the strongest people I know.
- You look great today.
- You have the best smile.
- Your outlook on life is amazing.
- You just light up the room.
How do you know if your friend is toxic?
Here’s a look at some other things a toxic friend might do:
- Put you down.
- Apologize without sincerity.
- Make you feel nervous.
- Leave you unsettled.
- Compare you to other people.
- Put themselves front and center — always.
- Try to change you.
How do you know if someone doesn’t want to be your friend?
A sign that someone doesn’t want to be your friend anymore is when they aren’t that type of friend, and they claim to always be busy and never have time for you. This shows they are more important to you than you are to them, and that it is a very one-sided relationship.