- 1 What is Atticus famous quote?
- 2 What are some quotes from the characters in To Kill a Mockingbird?
- 3 What are some important quotes from To Kill a Mockingbird by Scout?
- 4 What are some quotes that JEM says in To Kill a Mockingbird?
- 5 Who does Atticus love?
- 6 What page is Atticus famous quote on?
- 7 How Scout lose her innocence?
- 8 How does Scout show her innocence?
- 9 What is the best quote from To Kill a Mockingbird?
- 10 What Scout says to Mr Cunningham?
- 11 How is Scout immature?
- 12 How old is Atticus Finch?
- 13 How does Jem speak in To Kill a Mockingbird?
- 14 How old is Jem in To Kill a Mockingbird?
- 15 How does Scout View Jem in To Kill a Mockingbird?
What is Atticus famous quote?
“ Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It’s knowing you’re licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.” “You rarely win, but sometimes you do.”
What are some quotes from the characters in To Kill a Mockingbird?
Terms in this set (44)
- “Maycomb was an old town, but it was a tired old town when I knew it”
- “There was no hurry, for there was nowhere to go, nothing to buy, and no money to buy it with.
- “Inside the house lives a malevolent phantom”
- “Closed doors meant illness and cold weather only”
What are some important quotes from To Kill a Mockingbird by Scout?
Jean Louise ‘Scout’ Finch Quotes
- “I learned nothing from you except how to be suspicious.
- “She went to him.
- “She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father.
- “I just don’t like my world disturbed without some warning.”
What are some quotes that JEM says in To Kill a Mockingbird?
In this section, you will find some of the best of Jem’s quotes.
- “I thought I wanted to be a lawyer but I ain’t so sure now!”
- “Dill, I had to tell him.
- “My sister ain’t dirty and I ain’t scared of you.”
Who does Atticus love?
Atticus also displays his love for Jem and Scout by teaching them valuable life lessons. He shares with his children the importance of perspective, courage, and tolerance.
What page is Atticus famous quote on?
In the Harper Perennial Modern Classics edition of To Kill a Mockingbird, Atticus speaks his famous line on page 103, just a few paragraphs into the novel’s tenth chapter. Scout and Jem have received air rifles for Christmas, and they are anxious to practice their shooting.
How Scout lose her innocence?
Scout loses her innocence in To Kill a Mockingbird when she watches the jury deliver a guilty verdict in the Tom Robinson trial, despite the overwhelming evidence that Robinson is innocent.
How does Scout show her innocence?
Scout, who is very young when the novel opens, is innocent because she has not yet internalized the values of the adult world. Her innocence is on open display in an early comic interlude when she inadvertently offends her new, out-of-town schoolteacher by already knowing how to read.
What is the best quote from To Kill a Mockingbird?
Here Are the 5 Most Popular To Kill a Mockingbird Quotes
- “Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit ’em, but remember it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.”
- “Mockingbirds don’t do one thing but make music for us to enjoy.
- “The one thing that doesn’t abide by majority rule is a person’s conscience.”
What Scout says to Mr Cunningham?
Scout says, ” I sought once more for a familiar face, and at the center of the semi-circle I found one. ‘Hey, Mr. Cunningham. ‘ The man did not hear me, it seemed ” (Lee 175).
How is Scout immature?
Scout portrays her immaturity by believing in the false rumors that surround her reclusive neighbor, Boo Radley. Despite the fact that she is never threatened by Boo, Scout continues to believe that her neighbor is a “malevolent phantom.”
How old is Atticus Finch?
Expert Answers Atticus is close to fifty. We learn this when Scout states: Atticus was feeble: he was nearly fifty. This is meant to be a comic utterance, saying more about the young Scout’s perception of age than anything about Atticus.
How does Jem speak in To Kill a Mockingbird?
He does speak of innocence when talking to Miss Maudie after the trial. He says, “it’s like bein’ a caterpillar in a cocoon, that’s what it is,” he said. “Like something’ asleep wrapped up in a warm place.
How old is Jem in To Kill a Mockingbird?
Jem is Scout’s older brother and when the novel begins he is ten years old. Because he is older than Scout he matures more quickly and sometimes understands issues she does not.
How does Scout View Jem in To Kill a Mockingbird?
In Chapter 4, Scout narrates, “Jem was a born hero” (21). She is referring to his courage in portraying Boo Radley and keeping their game secret from Atticus. This is the most direct statement of Scout’s admiration of her brother. Later, Jem would show much more courage in defending Scout from Mr.