- 1 How do you cite a quoted quote?
- 2 How do you cite individual quotes?
- 3 Can you cite Shmoop?
- 4 What are cute quotes?
- 5 What is in-text citation example?
- 6 How do I quote in an essay?
- 7 How do you credit a quote?
- 8 How do you use quotes?
- 9 How do you write a citation?
- 10 What’s a shmoop?
- 11 How good is shmoop?
How do you cite a quoted quote?
Citing a quote in APA Style An APA in-text citation can be parenthetical or narrative. In a parenthetical citation, you place all the information in parentheses after the quote. In a narrative citation, you name the author in your sentence (followed by the year), and place the page number after the quote.
How do you cite individual quotes?
When citing a direct quote by someone who is not the author of the source, you should introduce the person in your writing, use double quotation marks for the quote, rather than the usual single quotation marks for direct quotes by the author of the source, and add the page number within the bracketed citation, or, for
Can you cite Shmoop?
Shmoop articles are authored by teachers (high school or college level), Ph. They base the articles on “credible academic sources” and then cite the source. Shmoop also provides citations for students (Shmoop Editorial Team 2011).
What are cute quotes?
- The only rule is don’t be boring and dress cute wherever you go.
- I don’t get cute, I get drop-dead gorgeous.
- I myself never feel that I’m sexy.
- People see me as cute, but I’m so much more than that.
- Don’t try to be what you’re not.
- Beauty ain’t always a little, cute colored flower.
What is in-text citation example?
Using In-text Citation APA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the year of publication, for example: (Field, 2005). For direct quotations, include the page number as well, for example: (Field, 2005, p. 14). For sources such as websites and e-books that have no page numbers, use a paragraph number.
How do I quote in an essay?
The first time you use a quotation from a source in an essay, introduce the author and the work that the quotation is attributed to before you use the actual quotation in the essay. Later in the essay, you simply need to address the author’s last name before using the quotation.
How do you credit a quote?
In-text citations include the last name of the author followed by a page number enclosed in parentheses. “Here’s a direct quote” (Smith 8). If the author’s name is not given, then use the first word or words of the title. Follow the same formatting that was used in the works cited list, such as quotation marks. 6
How do you use quotes?
Proper Punctuation – Quotes
- If you start by telling who said it, use a comma and then the first quotation mark.
- If you put the quote first and then tell who said it, use a comma at the end of the sentence, and then the second quotation mark.
- Punctuation always goes inside the quotation marks if it is a direct quote.
How do you write a citation?
When using APA format, follow the author-date method of in-text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the year of publication for the source should appear in the text, for example, (Jones, 1998), and a complete reference should appear in the reference list at the end of the paper.
What’s a shmoop?
Shmoop is a website offering students a variety of study materials written by scholars. Teachers have to pay to access site materials designed for educators –- including hundreds of student assignments, quizzes, test prep, and activity tips.
How good is shmoop?
Shmoop is an online education provider that offers guides and online classes across a wide range of subjects from math to literature. Its content is clear, informative, and presented with a distinctive style that encourages rather than intimidates students.