- 1 Is it OK to tell your child they hurt your feelings?
- 2 What to say to your daughter who is hurting?
- 3 What to do when your toddler hurts your feelings?
- 4 How do you comfort a child who is hurt?
- 5 How do you respond when your feelings are hurt?
- 6 When you hurt your child’s feelings?
- 7 What do you say to comfort a broken heart?
- 8 What to tell your daughter when her heart is broken?
- 9 What do you say to a teenager with a broken heart?
- 10 Can babies get their feelings hurt?
- 11 What to do when you hurt your partner’s feelings?
- 12 What do you do when a family member hurts you?
- 13 How does an angry parent affect a child?
- 14 How do you tell a parent their child is hurt?
- 15 What is the best way to comfort your child?
Is it OK to tell your child they hurt your feelings?
Your feelings matter too so it’s ok to simply explain to your child that it hurt your feelings. You can also voice THEIR feelings. Validating feelings is actually one of my 6 Pillars of Gentle Parenting because it’s just that important. Were they feeling angry about something?
What to say to your daughter who is hurting?
I’m so grateful you let me in. I’m so grateful you let me carry the weight of this pain with you. I’m so grateful you trust me with it all. I’ll be so very careful, so very mindful, so very aware of your needs as you let me walk alongside you through to the other side…
What to do when your toddler hurts your feelings?
“When a child hurts their parent’s feelings it is important to stop, pause, and address these hurt feelings,” family therapist Katie Ziskind told Fatherly. “This process teaches your child empathy and compassion. Parents who brush it off actually do a disservice to their child.”
How do you comfort a child who is hurt?
4 ways to comfort your kid after an injury
- Do something. Whether you administer first aid or just kiss the boo-boo better, kids need to see you taking action and know that you’re in control.
- Stay calm. How you deal with the situation can have a big effect on your kid’s anxiety.
- Involve them.
How do you respond when your feelings are hurt?
9 Ways to Respond When Someone Hurts You
- Recognize the offense for what it is.
- Resist the tendency to defend your position.
- Give up the need to be right.
- Recognize and apologize for anything you may have done to contribute to the situation.
- Respond, don’t react.
When you hurt your child’s feelings?
Apologize, sincerely, even if you didn’t intend to upset him/her. I’m genuinely sorry when my kids misunderstand something that causes him/her pain – and I make sure to send that message loud and clear.
What do you say to comfort a broken heart?
10 Things Your Heartbroken Friend Needs To Hear
- “You deserve so much better than this.”
- “This is not a reflection on you in any way.”
- “This hurts so much, but I promise it’s not forever.”
- “Let yourself feel everything you need to feel.”
- “Time is the greatest healer.”
- “I’m here for you whenever you need me.”
What to tell your daughter when her heart is broken?
What to Say When Your Teen’s Heart is Broken
- I’m so sorry.
- Do you want me to…?
- You won’t feel like this forever.
- Do you want to try again?
- If you want to give this another go, what can you do now to get ready for then?
- Do you just want to be done?
- Do you want to try something else?
- Something good will come out of this.
What do you say to a teenager with a broken heart?
Validate your teen’s feelings by saying, “I know this is hard,” or “I know it’s sad when a relationship comes to an end.” Avoid saying things like, “this isn’t really a big deal,” or “high school relationships don’t usually work out anyway.” These types of comments, which are meant to minimize grief or rationalize away
Can babies get their feelings hurt?
Babies can and do feel pain. It can affect them immediately and have long lasting effects. Babies can even become bored. They can be affected by a lack of stimulation and interaction with caregivers.
What to do when you hurt your partner’s feelings?
Ways to Give Comfort If You Have Hurt Your Partner
- Apologize and ask for forgiveness. This may seem obvious, but it is a crucial step.
- Give them space in they need it. Some people need space after they have been hurt.
- Offer affection if it seems appropriate.
- Ask what they need from you.
- Provide some assurance.
What do you do when a family member hurts you?
Relationships: When Family (or Any Relationship) Hurts
- Don’t let anyone else’s behaviour change who you are. Be dignified.
- Make it clear this isn’t personal.
- Now remind yourself not to take it personally.
- Find compassion.
- Hold the space.
- Accept what is.
- You don’t need to convince anyone.
- It’s okay not to be with them.
How does an angry parent affect a child?
Children of angry parents are more aggressive and noncompliant. There is a strong relationship between parental anger and delinquency. The effects of parental anger can continue to impact the adult child, including increasing degrees of depression, social alienation, spouse abuse and career and economic achievement.
How do you tell a parent their child is hurt?
Specific Tips for Communicating Concerns with Parents
- Choose a time and place where you can talk alone.
- Make sure both you and the parents have enough time to talk.
- Be prepared for strong emotions.
- Be caring, supportive, and respectful.
- Begin by saying something positive about the child.
What is the best way to comfort your child?
Some ideas for distracting and comforting your baby include:
- Cuddling and holding.
- Giving a pacifier.
- Singing or playing music.
- Providing a familiar blanket or “lovey.”
- Rocking rapidly.
- Showing a mobile or object that changes shapes, colors or positions.
- Blowing bubbles.
- Playing peek-a-boo.