- 1 What are smart quotes in code?
- 2 How do you write smart quotes?
- 3 What are smart quotes and dumb quotes?
- 4 What’s the most famous quote?
- 5 What are the best inspirational quotes?
- 6 What do smart quotes look like?
- 7 What are straight quotes?
- 8 How do you write quotes?
- 9 What’s a positive quote?
- 10 What is a smart closing quote?
- 11 What is the difference between straight quotes and smart quotes?
- 12 What is the greatest quote ever?
- 13 What is a good motto?
- 14 What is the most beautiful quote?
What are smart quotes in code?
from the oracle known as Google: “Smart quotes,” the correct quotation marks and apostrophes, are curly or sloped. “Dumb quotes,” or straightquotes, are a vestigial constraint from typewriters when using one key for two different marks helped save space on a keyboard.
How do you write smart quotes?
To manually insert smart quotes, type the following keys simultaneously:
- Type Option+] for the left (open) and Shift+Option+] for the right (closed) single quote mark or apostrophe, respectively.
- Type Option+[ for the left and Shift+Option+[ for the right curved double quotation marks, respectively.
What are smart quotes and dumb quotes?
Smart quotes (also known as curly quotes, typographer’s quotes or proper quotation marks) are either curved or sloped. Dumb quotes (also known as straight quotes) are straight and vertical. The design of smart quotes will vary between serif and sans-serif typefaces, but they will never point straight up-and-down.
What’s the most famous quote?
The Most Famous Quotes
- “Fortune favors the bold.” – Virgil. Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.
- “Time is money.” – Benjamin Franklin.
- “I came, I saw, I conquered.” – Julius Caesar.
- “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” – Elbert Hubbard.
- “If you want to be happy, be.” – Leo Tolstoy.
What are the best inspirational quotes?
Best motivational quotes to start your day
- “You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” —
- “Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working.” —
- “Don’t settle for average.
- “Show up, show up, show up, and after a while the muse shows up, too.” —
- “Don’t bunt.
What do smart quotes look like?
Smart quotes are usually curved in shape and have different opening and closing versions for use at the beginning and end of quoted material, respectively. Dumb (or straight) quotes are usually simple tapered vertical or angled marks.
What are straight quotes?
Straight quotes are the two generic vertical quotation marks located near the return key: the straight single quote ( ‘ ) and the straight double quote ( ” ). Curly quotes are the quotation marks used in good typography.
How do you write quotes?
Using them properly can be a little tricky, so remember these rules.
- If you start by telling who said it, use a comma and then the first quotation mark.
- If you put the quote first and then tell who said it, use a comma at the end of the sentence, and then the second quotation mark.
What’s a positive quote?
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” “ Let your unique awesomeness and positive energy inspire confidence in others.” “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” “If you want light to come into your life, you need to stand where it is shining.”
What is a smart closing quote?
Smart quotes are called smart because they depend on a type of artificial intelligence known as autocorrect. At the beginning of a word, autocorrect assumes that you want a left (opening) quotation mark; in the middle of a word or at the end, you’ll get an apostrophe or a right (closing) quotation mark.
What is the difference between straight quotes and smart quotes?
As you type text, Word automatically changes straight quotation marks ( ‘ or ” ) to curly quotation marks (also known as “smart quotes” or typographer’s quotes).
What is the greatest quote ever?
100 Best Quotes of All Time
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
- “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.”
What is a good motto?
Other mottos that can remind you of your values: “That which is hateful to you, do not do to others.” “First things first.” “ Live and let live. ” 8. A motto can give you the encouragement that will help you persist.
- “There’s always tomorrow.”
- “Every cloud has a silver lining.”
- “There’s no failure, only feedback.”
What is the most beautiful quote?
Most Beautiful Quotes
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.
- The most beautiful things are not associated with money; they are memories and moments.
- One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.